Botox Wilmslow Clinic
Do you like the idea of Botox wrinkle injections
– but feel nervous about taking the plunge?
Feeling nervous about Botox® wrinkle injections is understandable. After all, there are so many things to think about: do you need Botox or some other chemical? Does the person administering the wrinkle injections know what they’re doing? And will you like the results? (And will it hurt?)
It’s almost enough to create even more frown lines…
At Canova Medical, experts in Botox in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we understand that there’s a lot for you to consider. That’s why we’ll look after you in a way that’s caring and friendly and has your best interests at heart. It’s our mission to ensure you not only look younger, but also that you feel more confident in yourself.
Here’s how we do it…
Why choose Canova Medical as your clinic for Botox in Wilmslow?
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical Botox clinic Wilmslow, so your wrinkle smoothing treatments will be in utter confidence.
- You’ll get ‘real’ Botox®: Whilst the term ‘Botox’ has become a generic term for anti-wrinkle injections, not all injections are made with Botox… there are numerous cheap brands, that don’t give you the same long-lasting results. At Canova Medical, we use ‘real’ Botox®, which is a registered Trademark from Allergan. Canova Medical uses only the very best products… it’s what you deserve.
- Highly-experienced team: Not only is the quality of the products important, but so is the experience of the person administering them. The Canova Medical team are all skilled, qualified and experienced – you can meet the team here.
- Results that you’ll love: Whether you want dramatic results or subtle results… the choice is yours. You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our clinic for Botox Wilmslow.
- Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our medical team to give you the results you need, they will take the time to get to know you and your preferences. This takes place at your half-hour non-surgical treatment consultation with the medical expert that will be administering your treatment. Read more about the Consultation
Your Botox questions answered…
Here’s some information to help you decide if Botox injections are right for you… and if you have any other questions, please do contact us. Our friendly team is here to help you.
What is Botox?
Botox is an anti-wrinkle treatment that’s used on the upper part of your face. It’s used primarily to treat frown lines, deep creases between eyebrows, and other wrinkles and lines on the forehead.
Wrinkles on other parts of your face are treated with a different injectable treatment, known as dermal fillers. Many patients have both Botox and dermal filler treatments; your exact beauty goals will be discussed at your initial half-hour Consultation.
‘Botox’ is the common name for Botulinum Toxin, which is a protein and neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. Botox has been used in cosmetic procedures for more than 22 years in millions of patients worldwide. It has both US FDA approval as well as European license approval.
Whilst the term ‘Botox’ has become a generic term for wrinkle injections, not all line-smoothing injections are made with Botox. There are many cheaper brands, but they don’t give you the same long-lasting results as genuine Botox®. At Canova Medical, we use ‘real’ Botox®, which is a registered Trademark from Allergan.
Canova Medical administers treatments in our clinic for Botox in Wilmlsow, Cheshire, by skilled and experienced medical professionals.
Why have Botox wrinkle injections?
- Simple: Botox treatments are non-invasive and are quick to administer. (However, we take our time in getting to know you and your beauty goals, so that the anti-wrinkle treatment are right for you.)
- Safe: Botox injections are relatively safe compared to surgical treatments. Here at Canova Medical, we use Botox/Vistabel® by Allergan which has both US FDA and European license approval. You’ll be given full details of any possible side effects at your Consultation.
- No downtime: You can return to your normal activities the next day (or even the same day, if you avoid strenuous activity).
- It works! You only need to look at the eternally-young celebrities to see what Botulinum can do. (And you can also see Before and After Pictures from our Botox Wilmslow clinic.)
- Long-lasting: The results of your treatments normally last 3 to 4 months, though some patients report that their treatments last up to 6 months. For maximum value, discover the Venus 12-month anti-wrinkle plan.
Nina is fantastic. She was informal but very professional and made me feel at ease. The results are great, and I can definitely recommend her treatments.
– Sarah, Cheshire (a Wrinkle Treatment patient)
What do I need to do before a Botox treatment?
Good news: there is nothing that you need to do (or avoid) before a treatment.
Who administers the treatment?
The Nurses and Surgeon administer Botox treatments at Canova Medical: this is the same team that performs cosmetic surgery.
If you have wrinkle injections at a beauty salon or at a dentist, or even by a mobile practitioner, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll be treated by a cosmetic surgeon. Just like you probably wouldn’t want to dine in a restaurant that says “Finest Italian and Indian Cuisine”, why be treated by someone who isn’t an expert? However, you can be assured that you’ll be in the best possible hands at Canova Medical.
What happens during the Botox treatment?
Because you will have had a 30-minute Consultation with your specialist prior to your treatment, they will know exactly what to do. They’ll make sure that you’re happy and comfortable… the treatment itself is very quick. No local anaesthetic is required.
You’ll be invited to stay for a while in the Reception area after your treatment, as we want you to be sure that you’re feeling 100% before you leave.
You’ll have the area to yourself for at least half an hour (so there’s no chance of you being seen by anyone). You’ll be free to enjoy refreshments while you relax… and we particularly recommend that you try the Italian coffee. The coffee is freshly made with a proper machine (the same used in Italian Caffeteria), and is served in fine Villeroy & Boch bone china cups. The finishing touch: an Italian Ferrero Rocher chocolate. E’ delizioso!
Does it hurt to have Botox wrinkle treatments?
Like any injection, there will be a small amount of discomfort. However, the needles used are very fine (like acupuncture needles), and the discomfort is very brief… and it will be well worth it! By the time you’re relaxing in the Reception area the discomfort will be long gone.
Are there any possible side effects?
Though Botox has been deemed safe for the improvement of moderate to severe wrinkles, there will always be potential side effects from the use of injections and medication. Some of the temporary side effects include:
- Initial discomfort from the injection
- Some bruising and mild swelling
- Occasional numbness of the forehead
- Temporary double vision
- Drooping eyelid, uneven smile or loss of the ability to close eyes.
These side effects are temporary; and we invite you to relax with a freshly made Italian Coffee in the comfortable Reception area until you’re ready to return home.
What happens after the treatment?
You will be provided with helpful instructions after your treatment. These instructions will help to minimise any side effects; and extend the longevity of your treatment.
Some of the instruction you’ll receive will include:
- Do not apply make-up within the next 4 hours.
- Do not lie down, bend forward or do strenuous exercises for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Do not rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours.
The Surgeon or Nurse will give you an information sheet with all the instructions for you to take home.
What kind of results can I expect?
The results appear gradually over the next few days, and will normally last 3 to 4 months, though some patients report that their Botox treatments last up to 6 months.
For maximum value, discover the Venus 12-month wrinkle injection plan.
Do you have any Before and After Pictures?
Yes, you can see Botox Before and After pictures here. They are all patients of Canova Medical who have kindly consented to let us use their photographs, as they are so happy with their results.
Will Botox make my face look ‘frozen’, like some celebrities?
If you’re looking for the ‘frozen’ look, you’re in the wrong place. At Canova Medical we promote a natural look that enhances your features.
Hint: Many of our patients for anti-wrinkle procedures do not tell their husbands or friends about their treatment… the look can be subtle enough that people may wonder if you’ve had any skin treatments, but they won’t know for sure.
What if I have any other questions?
Please contact the friendly team at Canova Medical – we’d be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have.
What’s the next step?
The next step to looking finally getting rid of annoying wrinkles is to arrange a Consultation.
This will last for half an hour, and will be with the Botox professional that will be administering your treatment. They will take the time to get to know you and your desired outcomes; obtain your medical history; and make recommendations based on your specific needs.