Ever thought of getting dermal fillers done – but aren’t too sure about which one is right for you?
But at Canova Medical in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we can help you make the right choice. The ART FILLER® line by FILLMED consists of a wide range of injectable dermal fillers specifically tailored for different areas of the face, such as the temples, chin, cheeks, lips, and jawline. A comprehensive consultation with our medical experts can help you find the best treatment to ensure you achieve the results you so desire.
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical, so your dermal filler treatments will be performed in utter confidence.
- Highly experienced team: Not only is the quality of the products important but so is the experience of the Surgeon who will be performing your procedure. The Canova Medical team is skilled, qualified, and experienced – you can meet the team here.
- Results that you’ll love: Whether you want dramatic results or subtle results… the choice is yours. You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our clinic.
- Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our Surgeon to give you the results you need, he will take the time to know you and your preferences. This takes place during your half-hour non-surgical treatment consultation with the Surgeon who will be administering your treatment.
Here’s some information to help you decide if dermal fillers are right for you, though this will be covered in far more detail at your Consultation. If you have any other questions, please do contact us. Our friendly team is here to help guide you!
What are FILLMED dermal fillers?
FILLMED dermal fillers are gel-like injectables used to soften and smoothen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as improve facial contour. The ART FILLER® line by FILLMED consists of the following products:
- Art Filler Universal: This dermal filler is tailored to be injected into many areas of the face and is used for treating medium to deep fine lines and wrinkles. It is also used to provide enhancement to areas that have experienced facial volume loss.
- Art Filler Volume: This filler is specifically designed to be injected into the temple and cheek areas, chin, and jawline. It is mainly used for contouring and restoring lost facial volume.
- Art Filler Fine Lines: As its name suggests, this filler is used to smoothen fine lines and wrinkles and can be used in conjunction with various other FILLMED products and protocols, such as Bio Nutri Lift, for a more enhanced result.
- Art Filler Lips: Designed for injection into the lips, this filler plumps up and volumises the lips to produce a more prominent, attractive pout.
If you’re wondering what makes FILLMED a better choice out of all the other dermal filler treatments out there, the answer lies in its Domino Effect — a protocol that produces an overall lifting effect thanks to the strategic targeting of specific areas of the face for a universally enhanced appearance starting from the temples to the cheekbones right down to the jawline. This protocol is also effective in giving rise to the highly desired V-shaped face and naturally repositions the facial tissues such that no one will be able to notice you’ve undergone a cosmetic procedure.
So long as you have realistic expectations of the results you will achieve from the treatment, you can be considered a good candidate for FILLMED dermal fillers regardless of age or gender. It is also vital that you are a non-smoker since the chemicals in smoke can cause the healing process to slow down significantly. Those who have fine lines and wrinkles, facial hollowing, and volume loss that range in intensity from slight to moderate are also good candidates for dermal fillers if surgical treatments are out of the question. Patients who may not be good candidates are those who have known allergic reactions to certain substances in the fillers. Whether this treatment is right for you will be determined by your Surgeon during the initial consultation where your medical history will be fully assessed.
Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon, Dr Apostolos Vlachogiorgos MD MSc, will perform your dermal filler treatments in our clinic. Dr Apostolos Vlachogiorgos is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. He shares his practice between Manchester and Athens. He has a special interest in Aesthetic Surgery, performing breast surgery, mummy makeovers, tummy tucks and facial operations, but also in Reconstructive Microsurgery, including Breast and Head & Neck reconstruction with free flaps.
Dr Apostolos has been performing a series of cosmetic treatments since 2008, including toxins, fillers, chemical peels, threads and lasers. He shares a big passion for Regenerative Medicine and has included in his practice many innovative products that boost collagen production and tissue regeneration.
Dr Apostolos truly believes that everyone is unique and requires an individual, tailor-made approach. He is known amongst his patients for his holistic and detailed consultations, his perfectionism, and his precision. With great respect to human anatomy and physiology, Dr Apostolos is a fan of natural, long-lasting results and fully supports the “ageing gracefully” philosophy.
You will be fully informed about what you need to do before the treatment; however, minimal preparation is usually needed prior to getting dermal fillers done. In general, you may be asked to temporarily stop taking certain medications a few weeks prior to your appointment and avoid drinking tea/coffee a few hours before and after your treatment session is complete.
Because you will have had a 30-minute Consultation with your Surgeon prior to your treatment, he will know exactly what to do. He’ll make sure that you’re happy and comfortable… the treatment itself is very quick. No local anaesthetic is required. You’ll be invited to stay for a while in the Reception area after your treatment, as we want you to be sure that you’re feeling 100% before you leave. You’ll have the area to yourself for at least half an hour (so there’s no chance of you being seen by anyone).
Although dermal filler treatments are known to be quite safe, you may experience side effects that are typically expected to last for a few days post-procedure. Some of these are:
- Discomfort at the injection site
- Slight bruising or swelling
- Soreness or itching
- Some redness or discolouration
While you will be given all the aftercare instructions you need after the treatment session is complete, you will generally be advised to:
- Avoid touching the injection sites
- Steer clear of makeup for at least 12 hours post-treatment
- Avoid saunas or prolonged exposure to the sun for at least two weeks
- Consult your Surgeon should any side effects persist for longer than expected
Results after one FILLMED treatment session can typically be expected to last for about 12 to 18 months. However, longevity will depend on several factors such as your age, lifestyle, whether you have any other skin conditions, how much filler was injected, and which areas were treated. Since the results are not temporary, you will have to schedule follow-up sessions in order to maintain your results.
Please contact the friendly team at Canova Medical – we’d be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have.
The next step is to arrange a Consultation. This will last for half an hour and will be with the Surgeon who will be administering your treatment. He will take the time to get to know you and your desired outcomes; obtain your medical history; and make recommendations based on your specific needs.
Would you like to be another one of our happy customers? Then take the next step and arrange a consultation to see what we can do for you.