Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty)
Are your breasts causing you pain or discomfort?
Free Consultation Available
You can read more about it here.
Many women feel the burden of having heavy breasts, and breast reduction surgery can make you feel better physically. Breast reduction patients also report feeling more confident afterwards, as they feel they have a more balanced looking silhouette, and find it easier to find flattering clothes.
At Canova Medical, we’ll take time to get to know you, and discover exactly what results you aspire to from your breast reduction.
Are you an ideal candidate for surgery for breast reduction?
Some women are happy having large breasts but there are times when they begin to cause discomfort and pain. Popular reasons for having surgery for breast reduction include:
- Disproportionately large breasts for your body size. You will begin to experience chronic neck, back or shoulder pain because of the added burden on your muscles and bones. You will begin to slouch and hunch your back because of the excessive weight on your front.
- Painful and annoying bra strap indentations. Heavy breasts can leave you with deep shoulder indentations from bra straps.
- Skin irritation beneath the breasts. Many people are under the misconception that breast reduction is purely an aesthetic necessity. What they do not know is heavy and large breasts can often cause skin irritation underneath the breasts when the folds of skin keep rubbing off against each other. When you have to wear a support bra all the time, there is a tendency for your bra to cut against the skin too.
- Noticeable size difference between breasts. Some women have one breast that’s significantly larger than the other. When that size difference becomes too noticeable or too significant, then you may decide to have a breast reduction to balance out the proportions.
“I had my breast reduction procedure performed by Mr Persico. The results are amazing, the service and care excellent; I just wish I had done this years ago. Very happy to recommend to anyone.”
– Julie, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire
Why choose Canova Medical as your clinic for your breast reduction?
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical, so your breast reduction will be in utter confidence.
- Highly experienced team: The Canova Medical team are all skilled, qualified and experienced – you can meet the team here. The team will work hard to give you the best breast reduction experience and care.
- Results that you’ll love: You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our clinic for breast reduction in Wilmslow.
- Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our Surgeon to give you the results you need, he will take the time to get to know you and your preferences. This takes place at a one-hour treatment consultation; the entire appointment will be with the Surgeon who will be performing your breast reduction surgery. Read more about the Consultation.
Your breast reduction questions answered.
Here’s some information to help you decide if breast reduction surgery is right for you, though this will be covered in far more detail at your Consultation.
If you have any other questions, please do contact us: our friendly team is here to help guide you.
What can I expect at the Consultation?
As well as understanding exactly how you want your breast reduction to look and feel, your Surgeon will assess your overall physical health. Any medical conditions will be discussed and evaluated, to ensure that you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. The Surgeon will also pay particular attention to the condition of your breasts.
Who performs the surgery for breast reduction?
Mr Maurizio Persico (Consultant Plastic Surgeon) performs the surgery for breast reduction at our Wilmslow clinic. You can read about Mr Persico here.
Where does the breast reduction surgery take place?
Your Consultations will take place at our South-Manchester clinic, where the ambience is elegant yet relaxed. For the maximum in discretion you will never see another patient.
The surgery itself will be carried out a local private hospital. You’ll be given full details at your Consultation.
How do I prepare for breast reduction surgery?
You will be fully informed about what you can eat and drink before the procedure, and any precautions regarding medications and smoking.
These are guidelines that you should follow to help ensure that your surgery will go smoothly and without any complications.
What happens during the breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery can be considered a more complicated procedure compared to breast augmentation. In most cases, the Surgeon will make three incisions:
- The first incision will be around the circumference of the areola.
- The second will run vertically from the areola to the breast crease.
- The third incision will be under the breast, following the natural curve of the breast crease.
Through these incisions, the cosmetic surgeon will be able to remove the excess skin and then subsequently reshape and reattach the folds of skin to reflect a firmer and smaller breast.
Even the nipple and the areola will be moved to their new position on the breast. A reduction of the areola may be necessary to create better proportions.
What happens after the breast reduction surgery?
Dissolvable stitches are used for closing the incisions. A light, absorbable dressing is placed on top, and should remain in place until your first post-operative appointment with the Nurse a week later.
It is recommended that you wear a sports bra for the duration of the healing process, which can take up to six weeks.
Does it hurt? And how long is the recovery time?
There is some degree of discomfort but not severe pain.
It’s advisable that you arrange for a chaperone to take you home from the hospital, and then help you out for more than a couple of days while you recuperate from the operation.
Your breasts will feel sore and tender afterward the surgery, with some post-operative bruising and swelling. This will start to improve after two weeks. For this reason, it’s advised that you take seven to 10 days off work (or more, if your job involves lifting and carrying).
The healing process takes up to six weeks in total.
Do you have any breast reduction Before and After pictures?
Yes, you can see breast reduction Before and After pictures here. The photos are of patients of Canova Medical who have kindly consented to let us use their photographs, as they are so happy with their results.
What if I have any other questions?
Please contact the friendly team at Canova Medical – we’d be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have.
What’s the next step?
The next step to getting the breasts you desire is to arrange a Consultation. This will last for one hour and will be with the Surgeon who’ll be performing your breast reduction procedure. He will take the time to get to know you and your desired outcomes; obtain your medical history; and make recommendations based on your specific needs. There is a one-off £120 Consultation fee for surgical treatments.
Why is there a Consultation fee?
It is normal for medical specialists to charge a fee for their time; those that do not charge a fee use the Consultation as a promotion. So when you have a Consultation at Canova Medical cosmetic surgery clinic in Wilmslow, Cheshire, you will receive our professional, medical opinion, as you would expect from a medical specialist.
The Consultation fee is a one-off charge: there are no further Consultation fees, neither for your follow-up review appointments, nor for any other treatments you may consider in future. Once you’ve seen us, you’ll be part of the Canova family.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
When you pay for a Consultation, you want to make sure that you get value for money. And for us, that means that the Surgeon gives you detailed and personalised advice based on your own, unique needs. (Whereas at other Clinics, you may receive a sales pitch from a Patient Coordinator with no medical training.) At Canova Medical, many patients find the Consultation so in-depth that they take notes, as there’s so much good advice on offer.
However, you’ll receive a refund (without you needing to ask for it) if you are not a good candidate for cosmetic surgery. This way you can try Canova Medical risk-free to see if we’re right for you.