Do you like the idea of anti-wrinkle treatment
– but feel nervous about taking the plunge?
It’s almost enough to create even more frown lines…
At Canova Medical, experts in anti-wrinkle treatment in Wilmslow, Cheshire, we understand that there’s a lot for you to consider. That’s why we’ll look after you in a way that’s caring and friendly and has your best interests at heart. It’s our mission to ensure you not only look younger, but also that you feel more confident in yourself.
Here’s how we do it…
Why choose Canova Medical as your clinic for anti-wrinkle treatment in Wilmslow?
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical anti-wrinkle treatment clinic Wilmslow, so your wrinkle smoothing treatments will be in utter confidence.
- Highly experienced team: Not only is the quality of the products important, but so is the experience of the person administering them. The Canova Medical team are all skilled, qualified and experienced – you can meet the team here.
- Results that you’ll love: Whether you want dramatic results or subtle results… the choice is yours. You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our clinic.
- Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our medical team to give you the results you need, they will take the time to get to know you and your preferences. This takes place at your half-hour non-surgical treatment consultation with the medical expert that will be administering your treatment.
Your Botox questions answered…
Here’s some information to help you decide if anti-wrinkle injections are right for you… and if you have any other questions, please do contact us. Our friendly team is here to help you.
Enjoy beauty, your way. With quality Botox Wilmslow treatments, you’ll enjoy your own personal model of beauty.
What is anti-wrinkle treatment?
Anti-wrinkle treatment is used on the upper part of your face. It’s used primarily to treat frown lines, deep creases between eyebrows, and other wrinkles and lines on the forehead.
Wrinkles on other parts of your face are treated with a different injectable treatment, known as dermal fillers. Many patients have both anti-wrinkle and dermal filler treatments; your exact beauty goals will be discussed at your initial half-hour Consultation.
Anti-wrinkle treatment is performed using the Botulinum Toxin, which is a protein and neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. This has been used in cosmetic procedures for more than 22 years in millions of patients worldwide. It has both US FDA approval as well as European license approval.
Whilst the term ‘Botox’ has become a generic term for anti-wrinkle injections, not all line-smoothing injections are made with Botox®. There are many other brands that give you similar results and in some instances may be preferable given the clinical circumstances.
Canova Medical administers treatments which are specific and tailored to you, by skilled and experienced medical professionals.
Why have anti-wrinkle injections?
- Simple: anti-wrinkle treatments are non-invasive and are quick to administer. (However, we take our time in getting to know you and your beauty goals, so that the anti-wrinkle treatment are right for you.)
- Safe: anti-wrinkle injections are relatively safe compared to surgical treatments. Here at Canova Medical, our injections have US FDA/ European license approval. You’ll be given full details of any possible side effects at your Consultation.
- No downtime: You can return to your normal activities the next day (or even the same day, if you avoid strenuous activity).
- It works! You only need to look at the eternally-young celebrities to see what Botulinum can do. (And you can also see Before and After Pictures from our clinic.)
- Long-lasting: The results of your treatments normally last 3 to 4 months, though some patients report that their treatments last up to 6 months.
Nina is fantastic. She was informal but very professional and made me feel at ease. The results are great, and I can definitely recommend her treatments.
– Sarah, Cheshire (a Wrinkle Treatment patient)
What do I need to do before an anti-wrinkle treatment?
Good news: there is nothing that you need to do (or avoid) before a treatment.
Who administers the treatment?
Aesthetic Nurse, Adelina Sejdiu and General Practitioner Aliya Akbar, will perform your anti-wrinkle treatments in our clinic.
Aesthetic Nurse, Adelina Sejdiu, is a Registered Nurse who specialises in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Adelina has several years’ experience in both surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures, and has also studied cosmetic treatments at an Advanced level.
Aliya Akbar MB ChB MRCGP (Aesthetic doctor & General Practitioner). Completed a Level 7 Qualification in Injectables (equivalent to a Master’s degree) at Harley Academy in London . As well as being fully trained in Botox & Dermal Fillers, she also teaches other medical professionals in aesthetic procedures and works for the leading training academy Cosmetic Courses across the country.
You will be in very capable and skilled hands and will enjoy the highest standard of care.
What happens during the anti-wrinkle treatment?
Because you will have had a 30-minute Consultation with your specialist prior to your treatment, they will know exactly what to do. They’ll make sure that you’re happy and comfortable… the treatment itself is very quick. No local anaesthetic is required.
You’ll be invited to stay for a while in the Reception area after your treatment, as we want you to be sure that you’re feeling 100% before you leave.
You’ll have the area to yourself for at least half an hour (so there’s no chance of you being seen by anyone).
Does it hurt to have anti-wrinkle treatments?
Like any injection, there will be a small amount of discomfort. However, the needles used are very fine (like acupuncture needles), and the discomfort is very brief… and it will be well worth it! By the time you’re relaxing in the Reception area the discomfort will be long gone.
Are there any possible side effects?
Though anti-wrinkle treatments have been deemed safe for the improvement of moderate to severe wrinkles, there will always be potential side effects from the use of injections and medication. Some of the temporary side effects include:
- Initial discomfort from the injection
- Some bruising and mild swelling
- Occasional numbness of the forehead
- Temporary double vision
- Drooping eyelid, uneven smile or loss of the ability to close eyes.
These side effects are temporary, and we invite you to relax with freshly made Italian Coffee in the comfortable Reception area until you’re ready to return home.
What happens after the treatment?
You will be provided with helpful instructions after your treatment. These instructions will help to minimise any side effects; and extend the longevity of your treatment.
Some of the instruction you’ll receive will include:
- Do not apply make-up within the next 4 hours.
- Do not lie down, bend forward or do strenuous exercises for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Do not rub or massage the treated areas for 24 hours.
The Surgeon or Nurse will give you an information sheet with all the instructions for you to take home.
What kind of results can I expect?
The results appear gradually over the next few days, and will normally last 3 to 4 months, though some patients report that their anti-wrinkle treatments last up to 6 months.
Do you have any Before and After Pictures?
Yes, you can see Before and After pictures here. They are all patients of Canova Medical who have kindly consented to let us use their photographs, as they are so happy with their results.
Will anti-wrinkle treatments make my face look ‘frozen’, like some celebrities?
If you’re looking for the ‘frozen’ look, you’re in the wrong place. At Canova Medical we promote a natural look that enhances your features.
Hint: Many of our patients for anti-wrinkle procedures do not tell their husbands or friends about their treatment… the look can be subtle enough that people may wonder if you’ve had any skin treatments, but they won’t know for sure.
What if I have any other questions?
Please contact the friendly team at Canova Medical – we’d be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have.
What’s the next step?
The next step to looking finally getting rid of annoying wrinkles is to arrange a Consultation.
This will last for half an hour, and will be with the anti-wrinkle professional that will be administering your treatment. They will take the time to get to know you and your desired outcomes; obtain your medical history; and make recommendations based on your specific needs.
Would you like to be another of our happy customers? Then take the next step and arrange a consultation to see what we can do for you.