It goes without saying that facial treatments often come with a hefty price tag, but that should not stop you from getting the care your skin needs. The HydraFacial is one such treatment that has grown in popularity over recent years, with current statistics indicating that one gets performed every 15 seconds worldwide. But you may be asking yourself, “are HydraFacials really worth the hype?” Well, you will be pleased to know that the answer is yes!
At Canova Medical in Wilmslow, Cheshire, our experienced team of specialists offer this modern cutting-edge facial technology to our patients — an in-depth consultation with one of our medical experts can help determine whether this treatment may be just what you need to get the radiant skin you have always dreamed of.
HydraFacials do the job of eliminating dead skin cell layers to reveal smoother, healthier-looking skin with the help of Vortex-Fusion technology. It works by using a wand-like device with a vortex-cleansing and exfoliating tip to non-invasively suction off dead skin and impurities on the face, resulting in a glowing appearance after just one treatment session. The skin undergoes further exfoliation with a gentle chemical peel, after which it is then hydrated using a combination of hyaluronic acid and various peptides.
At our clinic, we use HydraFacials to treat:
- Fines lines and wrinkles
- Dark spots (hyperpigmentation)
- Sun damage
The entire procedure is typically painless; however, a slight pressure exerted from the wand may be experienced during treatment. Do let your doctor or technician know if you are experiencing any skin flare-ups prior to getting the procedure done.
HydraFacials can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions; however, before proceeding with any type of treatment, you must also consider the other benefits it offers. With HydraFacials, you can expect:
- A unique, customised experience: Whether you are a teenager or an adult, you can be a suitable candidate for this procedure regardless of age and whatever skin concerns you may be having. This is all thanks to the versatility of HydraFacials, which allows for different variations of the treatment to be used on different skin types, enabling patients of almost any age to benefit from the procedure.
- A healthier glow: Since HydraFacials work to effectively address and fix a broad range of skin issues, you can expect this treatment to improve your facial appearance significantly, giving you a radiant, youthful glow. What’s more, your skin is hydrated during the process, ensuring an even healthier complexion.
- Painless extractions: The suctioning mechanism that is characteristic of the HydraFacial makes extractions painless, which is one of the many reasons for its ever-growing popularity. These treatments do not cause any discomfort or redness which is often seen with regular extractions, making it a rather relaxing experience.
- Immediate, noticeable improvements: Unlike other facial treatments, you do not have to wait days or weeks to see your results with HydraFacials. In fact, you can expect to see a difference in your complexion after just one treatment session, which usually takes under an hour to complete.
- Consistent results: Results from this treatment tend to last up to four to six weeks or even longer, which makes occasional top-up sessions necessary. You can expect to receive much the same results as you did after your first treatment session thanks to the unique, patented HydraFacial technology.
- No downtime for recovery: The gentle, non-invasive nature of the HydraFacial makes it less likely to cause any skin irritation or other side effects. As such, no downtime for recovery is required, so you can get back to your normal routine soon after your treatment is complete.
As you can tell, the HydraFacial offers many benefits, making it an extremely viable treatment to consider getting done. Pregnant or breastfeeding women are also suitable candidates for this procedure as it does not involve the use of any harmful chemicals. In addition, you can ‘boost’ your treatment by adding serums to place laser focus on specific skin concerns such as irritation and inadequate collagen production.
Costs vary based on the type of HydraFacial being performed, with each session taking roughly around 30 to 75 minutes to complete. The basic treatment includes six steps during which the skin is thoroughly cleansed, exfoliated, and hydrated. Booster serums may also be incorporated to help rejuvenate the skin even more, which adds to the cost of the procedure. At our clinic, we offer four different treatment options:
- HydraFacial Signature
The HydraFacial Signature typically involves gentle facial cleansing and exfoliation using a combination of glycolic and salicylic acid to reveal brighter skin, after which extraction is performed to eliminate impurities and pore debris. This is then followed by nourishing moisturisers to hydrate the skin and finally finished off with antioxidants and peptides to achieve a more radiant glow.
Estimated duration: 30 minutes
Cost for a single treatment: £129
- HydraFacial Deluxe
The HydraFacial Deluxe is composed of all the steps of the HydraFacial Signature with the addition of booster serums to address conditions such as hyperpigmentation and uneven skin complexion and texture. The treatment is finished off with LED therapy which makes use of red and blue LED lights to encourage collagen production and lessen skin reddening.
Estimated duration: 45 minutes
Cost for a single treatment: £169
- HydraFacial Platinum with Booster
The HydraFacial Platinum with Booster is composed of all the steps of the HydraFacial Deluxe but begins with an initial process of detoxification during which lymphatic drainage is performed to get rid of toxins and improve lymphatic circulation.
Estimated duration: 75 minutes
Cost for a single treatment: £179
- HydraFacial Platinum without Booster
The HydraFacial Platinum without Booster is composed of all the steps of its booster-comprising counterpart with the exclusion of serums. As such, treatment time is shorter.
Estimated duration: 60 minutes
Cost for a single treatment: £149
Since the HydraFacial is not a one-off treatment, you may need to return for a couple more sessions to maintain your results. Depending on your situation, your doctor or technician will help you decide which treatment option is most suited for your skin alongside any other potential alternatives.
Results from a single HydraFacial session can last up to as long as six weeks provided that you take proper care of your skin after the procedure. You will be provided with comprehensive aftercare instructions which will typically advise you to:
- Wear sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 and steer clear of excess sun exposure and tanning salons for at least the next three days to avoid potential skin irritation
- Maintain a consistent skincare routine that incorporates regular cleansing and moisturising
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated
- Incorporate HydraFacials into your skincare regime by scheduling frequent sessions — this is usually the best way to extend your results
Monthly treatments are highly recommended to ensure you can take advantage of the long-lasting benefits of HydraFacials. Regular sessions can also help further encourage collagen production to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helping you to maintain a consistently youthful complexion. It is typically recommended to have this procedure performed as a four- to six-course treatment, leaving at least a two-week gap between sessions.
Yes, they are! HydraFacials are extremely effective and work to immediately improve your skin complexion, making these treatments worth every penny. Having a look through some before and after treatment photos should further convince you that HydraFacials are indeed worth the hype and not just a trend that vanishes from sight after a while. What’s more, each session effectively gets rid of two to three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells, so immediate results can indeed be noticeable in just as little as one hour.
The versatility of HydraFacials further adds to its merit as it can also be used on the neck, chest, back, and hands, effectively addressing skin concerns in other areas of the body for a near full-body glow. All these benefits combined far outweigh the costs involved, making the HydraFacial an extremely worthy treatment to consider for long-lasting results down the road.
Taking proper care of your skin not only improves your appearance but also boosts your confidence and self-esteem. If you are looking for a gentle yet effective treatment to help you achieve just that, a HydraFacial may be just what you need.
For those in the Stockport, Manchester, or Cheshire area who are seeking to get a HydraFacial done, look no further than Canova Medical conveniently located at 36A Alderley Road, Wilmslow SK9 1JX. A one-on-one consultation with one of our specialists can help determine whether this treatment is the right choice for you — call us at 01625 529942 or book your consultation online today.