Make the right decision: What’s the best cosmetic surgery solution for you?
Cosmetic surgery has become so commonplace that it’s treated like a commodity, where quality and service takes a backseat. At Canova Medical, we always remember that any kind of medical treatment is a big deal, and that quality and service are absolutely critical.
That’s why it’s important to us that you feel 100% comfortable with your decision to have cosmetic surgery… You need to feel that it’s the best cosmetic surgery solution for you and your needs.
How to decide if Canova Medical is the best cosmetic surgery clinic for your needs
Here’s what you can expect from Canova Medical…
- Consultation: You are welcome to talk to our medical team and feel free to ask any questions that you are important to you. This takes place at your Surgical Consultation, so you have a full hour to talk through your needs and goals.
- Impartial advice: The recommendations you’ll receive from your Surgeon are based on many years’ experience, combined with your medical history and desired surgery outcomes. If your Surgeon believes that you’re not a good candidate for cosmetic surgery, or that your expectations are unrealistic, he will tell you this. Moreover, you will never be pushed into purchasing a treatment or procedure that you don’t need or don’t want.
- Cooling-off period: Once you’ve had your Surgical Consultation, and you feel that you have all the necessary information to proceed, Canova Medical will give you a cooling-off period. This cooling-off period gives you the opportunity to think your cosmetic surgery procedure through. The vast majority of our patients undergo their surgery at least two weeks after their Consultation. You will never be asked to make a decision directly after your Consultation.
- Other questions: You’re bound to think of some important questions after your Consultation – please contact us with any questions, large or small. We’re here to help you!
- Qualifications: You can see details of our Surgeon’s medical qualifications here – and if you have any questions, please ask us.
And here’s what we ask of you, so that you receive the best cosmetic surgery for your needs:
- Get advice: Speak with family or friends who have had cosmetic surgery, and ask about their experiences. That way you’ll know what to expect – and you may think of some extra questions you’d like to ask your Surgeon. (Just contact us with your questions, we’re happy to answer your questions and concerns.)
- Medical history: Please provide your Surgeon with detailed information about your health and any past or current treatments or medication.
- Listen carefully: Please listen carefully to your Surgeon’s advice and opinion. His advice is based on many years of experience, combined with your goals and medical history. His recommendations will be totally unique to you and your needs.
- Realistic expectations: Having cosmetic surgery is very exciting, but please try to have realistic expectations of what can be achieved.
- Take your time to decide: There is no hurry for you to decide on important medical matters such as surgery. Take as much time as you feel necessary.
- Be cautious: Never feel forced to undergo surgery if you are not entirely convinced by the information you have.
In short: At Canova Medical we will treat your health and wellbeing with utmost respect.
How predictable are the results of cosmetic surgery?
It’s important for you to realise that not all patients can expect to have the same results from their surgery. The results often differ from patient to patient – even when the same Surgeon carries out the operation.
Why are there such variations in results?
The reason why there are variations in results stems from patient-related factors, over which Surgeons have no control. Such factors include your:
- Natural skin condition
- Natural shape and bone structure
- Body’s ability to heal (which is different in each patient).
So how will you know what to expect from cosmetic surgery?
To ensure that you’re completely satisfied with your surgery, your Surgeon will discuss all of these variables with you. He will be able to give you an understanding of the likely appearance you will have after your procedure, and what variables there are.
Can the results be guaranteed?
At Canova Medical, we believe that even the best cosmetic Surgeons are in a position to give any guarantee on the outcome of surgery. There are too many variables that affect the outcome of each individual patient. Therefore, it would be quite wrong professionally, and ethically, for any Surgeon to state that the results of his surgery are in any way guaranteed.
You will be given details of what you can expect from your Surgical Consultation. The entire hour of this Consultation will be with the Surgeon who’d be performing your treatment, so you will be able to judge for yourself if you are comfortable with his suggestions and recommendations.
Would you like to find out more about cosmetic surgery at Canova Medical?
The next step is to arrange your Consultation. (Or if you have any questions you’d like answered first, please do contact us.)