Breast implants: what are the best breast implants for you?
If you’re thinking of having breast enlargement or breast uplift surgery, choosing the best breast implants for your needs is very important. After all, it’s a decision that’ll stay with you for many years.
So what are the best breast implants?
There is no single “best” type of breast implant, as there are so many variables. For example, the type of breast implant that’s best for you depends on:
- Your desired breast size, based on width, height, and projection.
- Your desired breast texture (implants can be as soft or as firm as you wish).
- The size and shape of your breasts as they are now.
- Your medical history.
- How symmetrical (or asymmetrical) your breasts are.
- How prominent your thorax is.
Because there are so many variables, there are literally hundreds of different breast implant options available.
Having so many breast implant options is good news: it means that no matter what kind of look you’d like to achieve, there will be an implant available to suit your needs.
How to choose breast implants when there are so many options?
You don’t need to worry how to choose breast implants – let your Surgeon worry about the details. After all, your Surgeon has had many years of training to recommend what’s best for you. (So there is no need for you to research the specific breast implants – your Surgeon at Canova Medical does this for you.)
Your desired outcomes will be discussed at a one-hour Consultation…
All patients have an hour-long consultation with the Surgeon: he will listen carefully to your wishes and obtain your medical history.
Based upon that information, he will then be able to recommend the best breast implant for your unique needs.
Canova Medical in Wilmslow is independently owned and is not a tied agent of any specific breast implant suppliers. This means we can offer you more than one brand, giving you the best quality products and the results you’re after.
As you can see from our patient testimonials, the Surgeons at Canova Medical are absolute experts in delivering the outcomes our patients look for.
I had breast augmentation in July. I researched intensely before choosing Mr Persico and his wonderful team at Canova Medical. From beginning to end the experience was fantastic!! There was so much care given even when I had had my surgery, and the follow on care was exceptional. I was advised which size of implant for my frame etc. and he was spot on, I am so very thrilled with my new assets. The perfect place did my perfect surgery! Thank you all so very much! xx
– Karen, Liverpool
What else can I expect at the Consultation?
As well as understanding exactly how you want your breast enlargement to look and feel, your Surgeon will assess your overall physical health. Any medical conditions will be discussed and evaluated, to ensure that you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. The Surgeon will also pay particular attention to the condition of your breasts..
Depending on your medical history, your Surgeon may suggest that your implants are placed either on top of your chest muscle, or underneath your chest muscle. (Placing the implants underneath the chest muscle means that they won’t interfere with mammograms.)
What are the different types of breast implants?
The different types of breast implants relate to:
- What they’re filled with (silicone or saline)
- The shapes (round or teardrop/anatomical)
- Texture: smooth or textured surface.
What’s the difference between silicone and saline breast implants?
At Canova Medical, we only use silicone implants as they’re superior to saline implants. The benefits of silicone implants are:
- Silicone implants have a long history of safe use. And the brands we use have a lifetime warranty, too.
- The silicone filler is very soft, which gives a natural movement and feel. There are also different grades of silicone filler available, depending on the look you want to achieve.
- Silicone implants are available in round shapes as well as teardrop (anatomical) shapes, so you have a wide choice available.
There are a number of reasons why Canova Medical doesn’t offer saline implants:
- Saline implants don’t last as long as silicone implants, and are more prone to rupturing.
- Saline implants are more likely to wrinkle or fold.
- They don’t look as soft and natural as silicone implants.
- They are only available in a round shape: it’s not possible to manufacture teardrop (anatomical) shapes.
What happens if silicone implants leak?
There are 3 important things you need to know about the breast implants used by Canova Medical:
- Barrier technology: the shell of the implants use special barrier technology that minimises the shell’s permeability and therefore minimises gel diffusion.
- Safe silicone: the cohesive silicone filling is more like a soft solid than a liquid, which prevents the gel from diffusing. In fact, you’ll absorb more silicon from items such as hand lotion, sunscreen, chewing gum and anti-perspirants! Moreover, the silicone used is FDA approved.
- Lifetime guarantee: all of the breast implants used at Canova Medical have a lifetime guarantee.
You should also know that not all breast implants are created equal. Canova Medical only uses premium quality breast implants. Why risk anything less?
What’s the difference between round and teardrop (anatomical) breast implants?
As you may expect, round implants give a more “rounded” look, and add more volume to the top of the breast. Teardrop-shaped (anatomical) implants are shaped more naturally to follow the body’s natural lines.
However, your Surgeon’s recommendation on the shape is based on more than just the outcome. Clinical studies have shown that:
- Round implants are generally recommended for patients with enough breast tissue to cover the implant, and whose breasts are reasonably symmetrical.
- Teardrop implants (antatomical implants) are generally recommended for patients with small breast volume; or with a prominent thorax; or with asymmetrical breasts. (Source: Cardenas-Camarena L and Encinas-Brambila J, (2009), ‘Round Gel Breast Implants or Anatomic Gel Breast Implants: Which is the Best Choice?’, Aesth Plast Surg.)
The recommendation you’ll receive will be tailormade to your needs at your Consultation.
What’s the difference between smooth and textured breast implants?
The surface of a breast implant may be smooth, or it may be textured. Textured breast implants were designed to prevent capsular contracture (i.e. shifting in position). Your Surgeon will be able to recommend the best breast implant texture at your Consultation.
What are the most natural looking breast implants?
There is no set answer as to what the most natural looking breast implants are. It all depends on your frame size, proportions, and existing breast size.
That’s why the Consultation with your Surgeon is so important: he will be able to recommend the breast implants that suit your desired look – and the body you already have.
What kind of breast implants do you use? And how do I know if they are good quality?
Canova Medical uses two brands of breast implants. They are both internationally recognised as being the best breast implants, and both brands offer lifetime warranties. So you can absolute confidence in knowing that your breast implants are the best available.
The breast implant brands offered at Canova Medical are:
- Natrelle by Allergan: This range is so extensive that there are more than 600 breast augmentation combinations to choose from. The variations cover the type of filler used; to the shape of the implant; and the degree of lift. All implants have a lifetime warranty.
- Impleo by Nagor: Soft, well fitting implants that are manufactured in the UK. These implants also have a lifetime warranty. Impleo also has a wide range of sizes and profiles for you to choose from.
Lifetime warranty on breast implants at Canova Medical
Whichever brand of breast implant you choose at Canova Medical, it will have a lifetime warranty. As Canova Medical is independently owned, we are not a tied agent of any specific breast implant suppliers. We are therefore free to choose the best quality implants available today… it’s what you deserve.
Are breast implants safe?
Yes, the breast implants offered by Canova Medical are very safe. For example, Allergan implants are able to withstand more than 25 times the force of a normal mammogram without failure. And all the brands we offer have a lifetime guarantee.
However, you should be aware that not all breast implants on the market today are of this same, high quality. Be sure that you know what you’re putting into your body… and if you have any questions or concerns, please do contact us, we’ll be happy to help you and answer your queries.
Why choose Canova Medical in Wilmslow for your breast implant surgery?
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical, so your breast implant surgery will be in utter confidence.
- Breast implants with lifetime warranties: Canova Medical uses two types of breast implants: Natrelle by Allergan, and Impleo by Nagor (which are British-made). Both of these breast implant brands are of the highest quality, and have lifetime warranties… it’s what you deserve.
- Highly experienced team: Not only is the quality of the products important, but so is the experience of the Surgeon who’ll be performing your procedure. The Canova Medical team are all skilled, qualified and experienced – you can meet the team here.
- Results that you’ll love: Whether you want dramatic results or subtle results… the choice is yours. You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our cosmetic surgery clinic.
- Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our Surgeon to give you the results you need, he will take the time to get to know you and your preferences. This takes place at a one-hour treatment consultation; the entire appointment will be with the Surgeon who will be performing your breast implant surgery. Read more about the Consultation.