Liposuction in Manchester
Are you fed up with stubborn fat that just won’t go away?
Free Consultation Available
You can read more about it here.
Stubborn body fat can really affect your confidence… and sometimes even diet and exercise won’t sculpt the parts that you really want to shape up.
Liposuction (also known as liposculpture or suction-assisted lipectomy) is a surgical procedure that removes excess body fat from the face or body. Liposculpture can be performed on both men and women, but it’s important that you’re aware of what liposuction can and can’t achieve for you.
At Canova Medical, we’ll take the time to get to know you, and we’ll ensure that you’ll get the outcome you’re looking for from your fat removal treatment.
Why choose Canova Medical for your liposuction in Manchester?
- Highly experienced team: The Canova Medical team is skilled, qualified and experienced – you can meet the team here.
- Realistic about the results you’ll achieve: It’s very important to us that you’re aware of what kind of results you can expect from your liposculpture, so that you’ll be happy with your slimmer look. You can see what our patients say about us, and also view some of the Before and After Photos taken at our clinic for breast enlargement Manchester.
- Enjoy VIP discretion: You’ll never see another patient at Canova Medical, so your surgical liposuction will be in utter confidence.
Pre-treatment Consultation: In order for our Surgeon to give you the results you need, he will take the time to get to know you and your preferences. This takes place at a one-hour Consultation; the entire appointment will be with the Surgeon who will be performing your liposuction in Manchester. Read more about the Consultation.
Your liposuction questions answered…
Here’s some information to help you decide if surgical liposuction is right for you, though this will be covered in far more detail at your Consultation.
If you have any other questions, please do contact us: our friendly team is here to help guide you.
Which parts of the face and body can have surgical liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure for both men and women. Popular treatment areas include:
- Legs: ankles, calves, thighs and knees
- Stomach: this can be done in conjunction with a tummy tuck.
What kind of results can I expect from surgical liposuction?
Many people think that liposuction will be an end-all cure for their weight problem. After all, it is tempting to think that when excess fat is removed from your body, it will make you look better.
However, it’s important that you’re aware of what liposuction can (and can’t) achieve:
- Liposuction is not permanent: Even when excess fat is removed, it will keep coming back – especially if you do not follow a suitable diet or exercise programme to keep the weight (and fat) off. However, if you do follow a good diet and exercise plan, the effects of your liposuction can be long lasting. The best candidates for liposculpture are people who have a health and fitness plan – and follow it.
- Liposuction does not cure obesity: You will need to follow a suitable diet and exercise plan for the weight to stay off.
- Liposuction isn’t the “easy” solution to weight loss: At Canova Medical, we want you to see long-term results from your liposuction. The Surgeon often says that, “Liposuction is not for lazy people”. He may even recommend that you lose some weight first, before the procedure. This lets the Surgeon check how much fat can then be removed. And if you’re willing to lose weight beforehand, you’re more likely to be the kind of person who will achieve positive long-term results.
- Liposuction does not get rid of cellulite: There is a limit as to the amount of fat that can be safely removed with surgical liposuction, and for this reason cellulite fat cannot be specifically targeted.
- Liposuction does not remove stretch marks: Stretch marks are a skin issue rather than a problem with excess fat, so liposuction does not help with stretch marks.
- Younger skin recovers best from liposuction: Younger skin has more elasticity, so the body will bounce back more quickly compared to older people.
If you think that this sounds somewhat negative, it’s not: it’s realistic. At Canova Medical we want to be totally honest with you, and that includes being clear on what you can and can’t achieve with this type of cosmetic surgery. (And we would advise caution against clinics or surgeons who make radical promises… the best liposuction Surgeons are ethical and honest.)
How can I be sure that I’ll be happy with the results of my liposuction?
There are 3 reasons why you can certain that you’ll be thrilled with your liposuction surgery at Canova Medical:
- Experienced Surgeons: The surgical team at Canova is highly experienced and has an excellent worldwide reputation. You can meet the team here.
- Happy Customers: Read what our patients say about Canova Medical.
- In-depth Consultations: The Surgeon will spend an hour with you to get to know your beauty goals, likes and dislikes. He’ll ask you all the questions necessary for him to understand the results you’re looking for, and he will be honest about the kind of results you can expect from your surgery. Your Consultation will be with the Surgeon who’ll actually be performing your liposuction surgery.
Mr Persico told me the truth about the results and the recovery time related to my surgery and this was very important. I still remember when he said: “I cannot make you look like a model, however I can achieve the best results based on how you are. If you are happy with this we can go ahead otherwise, I believe I’m not the right surgeon for you!”
This was priceless for me. If there isn’t the right feeling between a patient and the medical team you don’t achieve great results. Mine were fantastic!
I feel 20 years younger after my tummy tuck and liposuction on my legs. Next step is breast surgery!
However before going ahead I was obviously very well informed about other people’s feedback regarding their surgical experiences. It came out that most of them had a very bad one even going with the top clinics. Unfortunately they didn’t receive the same level of care that I received.
The fact that I was not waiting in the reception room and that I was welcomed warmly was crucial. It’s important to be pampered. Everybody wants that.
I spent much less coming to England for my operation than I would have spent in my own country, even with the top companies but at Canova Medical the whole service was superior.
An experience that I would have again! For me it’s not important where the clinic is. When you find a well-organised medical team, genuine, trustworthy and passionate about what they do, well, this is the most important thing for me. More important than thousands of kilometres of distance!
– Teresa, Rome, Italy
What can I expect at the Consultation with the Surgeon?
At your one-hour Consultation with your Surgeon, he will assess your overall physical health. Any medical conditions will be discussed and evaluated to ensure that you are a good candidate for liposuction. You need to be fit and healthy to ensure that the operation will be successful.
The Surgeon will also discuss in detail the kind of results and outcomes you can expect from your fat removal surgery. Once he is happy that you’re a good candidate for liposuction, he will inform you about how to prepare for this surgery.
Who performs the surgical liposuction?
Mr Maurizio Persico (Consultant Plastic Surgeon) performs liposuction at our Manchester clinic. You can read about Mr Persico here.
Where does the liposuction take place?
Your Consultations will take place at our Manchester clinic, where the ambience is elegant yet relaxed. For the maximum in discretion you will never see another patient.
The liposuction surgery itself will be carried out a local private hospital. You’ll be given full details at your Consultation.
How do I prepare for the liposculpture surgery?
You will be fully informed about what you can eat and drink before the procedure, and any precautions regarding medications and smoking.
These are guidelines that you should follow to help ensure that your surgery will go smoothly and without any complications.
What happens during the liposuction surgery?
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is carried out under general anaesthetic.
In most cases, the Surgeon will use a fat removal technique known as Suction-Assisted Liposuction (or SAL). This involves inserting a small cannula into an incision. The Surgeon moves the cannula in a forward and backward motion in the part of your body from which the fat will be removed. The cannula is attached to an aspirator that works as a suction to draw out the dislodged fat.
What happens after the liposuction? And how long is the recovery time?
Recovery usually happens between 2 days to 2 weeks, depending on how fast you heal and how many areas you have had treated.
The pain is mild and can be treated with painkillers.
Bruising and swelling are common but will gradually disappear within a few weeks.
A tightly fitted garment (which will be provided by the hospital) will have to be worn for up to 6 weeks.
How much scarring will there be?
Liposuction scars are relatively small: they generally measure less than 1cm. When possible, the incision will be made in a body fold or crease to hide the scar.
Over time, the scars will slowly fade and will be almost undetectable.
Do you have any liposuction Before and After pictures?
Yes, you can see liposuction Before and After pictures here. They are all patients of Canova Medical who have kindly consented to let us use their photographs, as they are so happy with their results.
What if I have any other questions?
Please contact the friendly team at Canova Medical – we’d be delighted to help you and answer any questions you may have.
What’s the next step?
The next step to getting your ideal shape is to arrange a Consultation. This will last for one hour and will be with the Surgeon who’ll be performing your liposuction procedure. He will take the time to get to know you and your desired outcomes; obtain your medical history; and make recommendations based on your specific needs. There is a one-off £120 Consultation fee for surgical treatments.
Why is there a Consultation fee?
It is normal for medical specialists to charge a fee for their time; those that do not charge a fee use the Consultation as a promotion. So when you have a Consultation at Canova Medical cosmetic surgery clinic in Manchester, Cheshire, you will receive our professional, medical opinion, as you would expect from a medical specialist.
The Consultation fee is a one-off charge: there are no further Consultation fees, neither for your follow-up review appointments, nor for any other treatments you may consider in future. Once you’ve seen us, you’ll be part of the Canova family.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
When you pay for a Consultation, you want to make sure that you get value for money. And for us, that means that the Surgeon gives you detailed and personalised advice based on your own, unique needs. (Whereas at other Clinics, you may receive a sales pitch from a Patient Coordinator with no medical training.) At Canova Medical, many patients find the Consultation so in-depth that they take notes, as there’s so much good advice on offer.
However, you’ll receive a refund (without you needing to ask for it) if you are not a good candidate for cosmetic surgery. This way you can try Canova Medical risk-free to see if we’re right for you.